Our in-depth maintenance service is recommended for all Air Conditioning systems once every 12 months, depending on use.
Here are the steps we take to keep your system running like new, year after year.
Before servicing, establish the refrigerant that has been used in the system.
- Inspect the filters, blower and indoor coil for dirt or obstructions.
- Check the airflow.
- Check the output temperature.
- Clean the condenser coils as follows:
Clear the outside of the coil of debris.
Vacuum the coil fins using a soft bristle brush attachment – take care to avoid bending the fins.
Spray water from the inside to the outside of the coils to remove stuck debris using a hose and spray gun.
Vacuum or remove by hand any debris remaining in the unit.
If there are no bent coil fins, replace grille covers.
- Check coil fins for damage – if coil fins are bent, straighten using a proprietary tool.
- Lubricate fan bearings if required – sealed bearing units do not require oiling.
- Inspect fan for damage and repair as required.
- Check that the condenser unit is secure and level in both directions. If necessary, adjust the levelling feet, or make level with timber/plastic shims. If the unit is seriously out of level, repair or replace the base the unit sits on. Do not spray the fan motor or wires with water.
- Check the operation of the air-on/air-off with a digital thermometer.
- Check pipe joints for refrigerant leakage with bubble solution.
- Check terminals and connections – clean and tighten if necessary.
- Check fan motors for lubrication.
- Check that the electric control is operating correctly.
- Check that the thermostat is operating correctly.
- Check the voltage.